Posted to uk.d-i-y
Julian Julian is offline

Default Disposal of paint

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Anyone got any good ideas for losing a quantity of paint?

I need to clear out a garage for someone prior to their house sale. It
seems that over the years they have collected the usual array of part tins
of paint (probably 30 tins or more). I spoke with the local council, who
said it can go in the black sack rubbish, but only if dried out first!
Local skips will take emulsion as long as the tin is well sealed, but not
gloss.

Drop em into your wheelie bin at a rate of about 1/2 dozen/collection - make
sure they go in first and cover them with kitchen waste.

I've just disposed of a broken Belfast sink in a wheelie bin - it took two
weeks but saved a journey to the tip.

If you are living in a remote area then just incinerate the stuff - I use an
old 45gallon drum for this purpose.

Julian.