Posted to alt.home.repair
ronronron@________.com ronronron@________.com is offline

Default teflon tape

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:37:57 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:54:22 GMT, "thehip"
wrote:

Can I use teflon tape(white) on the steel black pipes(2 1/2") for a steam
boiler? The pipe threads
in question are the ones that connect directly to the boiler. Or should I be
using some kind of paste?

Teflon tape is ideal for high temperatures. it will work fine.

You can use teflon on a HOT frying pan.....
The only place to NOT use teflon tape is with Natural Gas because the
gas will react with it. (maybe propane gas too).
They make some special yellow tape suitable for Nat. gas.

The teflon tape container should say what it's for.