Posted to alt.home.repair
Kuskokwim Kuskokwim is offline

Default Chicken bones and Kenmore disposal

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:57:05 -0400, willshak wrote:

Choice 1 - Tilt plate over 150 sq in opening, maybe scrape with a
fork, put plate in dishwasher.
Choice 2 - Tilt plate, maybe scrape with a fork, turn on switch, turn
on faucet, manuver some bones, cobs and other debris into 9 sq in,
push it in, manuver some more debris over to the 9 sq in opening,
push it in, repeat until all debris is gone, rinse out sink, turn off
switch, turn off faucet, put plate in dishwasher.

Please tell me why I would opt for Choice 2?

So you don't have to take out the garbage?
I like to support the sanitation men. They have families, you know.

I like my sanitation man. I give him some cash at Christmas. I also try to
make his job more pleasant by putting the things that will smell to high
heaven if put in the trash down my garbage disposer.