Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Chicken bones and Kenmore disposal

on 8/19/2007 9:48 PM DerbyDad03 said the following:
On Aug 19, 8:03 pm, Kuskokwim wrote:

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 14:54:29 -0500, Steve Barker wrote:

You are an exception. Most people consider their disposal "the main
vehicle
for getting rid of bulk garbage."

You're wrong. That's not what they're for and anyone with a brain, does not
use them in that manner.

- Then why are they called a "garbage disposer (or disposal)"?
-
- You get rid of your garbage with them. I have been doing it for
years and
- have never had a problem.

At the risk of feeding the troll, I really gotta ask why.

My Insinkerator claims to be able handle just about anything up to and
including a small car, but I have no idea why I would want to use it
in that manner.

Let's see...I'm done eating a plate full of corn on the cob, fried
chicken, spare ribs, mashed potatoes and baked beans. Now I've got a
choice of where to dump the remains. I've got this plastic thing with
a 150 square inch opening that requires no electricity or water, and
I've got this motorized thing with a 9 square inch opening that
comes with a switch and a faucet.

Choice 1 - Tilt plate over 150 sq in opening, maybe scrape with a
fork, put plate in dishwasher.
Choice 2 - Tilt plate, maybe scrape with a fork, turn on switch, turn
on faucet, manuver some bones, cobs and other debris into 9 sq in,
push it in, manuver some more debris over to the 9 sq in opening,
push it in, repeat until all debris is gone, rinse out sink, turn off
switch, turn off faucet, put plate in dishwasher.

Please tell me why I would opt for Choice 2?

So you don't have to take out the garbage?
I like to support the sanitation men. They have families, you know.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY