Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore dehumidifier-recommendation

"Michael Muderick" wrote in message
I'm thinking that, if it is a fan motor, I'm ready to
replace the whole unit because I want one with greater reliability.
Thoughts? Recommendations on a good model? Does pint capacity matter
since
it's on a drain system, rather than the tub?
Thanks.

Thee is not a large difference in reliability in any brand. The fan motors
are rather cheap and running almost constantly, it will wear out after the
four years or so that you've had it. Depending on the cost, it may be worth
replacing, but that is a decision only you can make. You can get a price at
www.repairclinic.com or your local parts dealer.

Capacity does matter. It is not the capacity of the reservoir that matters,
but the capacity to remove a stated amount of water from the air. One that
removes 50 pints a day will keep the basement drier than one that removes
only 30 pints. Unless of course, you only have to remove 20 pints to keep
things dry, but sounds like you need high capacity.

Higher capacity may last longer because it runs less too.