Garrett Fulton

Default repair underground wire insulation

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
ink.net...
I hit an underground 12-3 wire with my shovel digging a hole. Gouged it
right up to the wire on one conductor.

I think cutting the wire in two and putting in an underground splice may
cause more trouble than it fixes.

Just wrapping the spot with electrical tape will probably let water in and
it will fail here in the future.

Is there a another repair option?

Karl

Did the same thing about 12 yrs. ago on the 200 amp line to my garage. Get
a good underground splice kit with the heat shrink tubing that has an
interior layer that melts and seals the incoming wires. They're good and
they work a long time in any kind of wet environment.

Garrett Fulton