Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Muderick Michael Muderick is offline

Default Kenmore dehumidifier-recommendation

In 2003-4 I bought a kenmore dehumidifier. AFter less than a year, I took
it for warranty service- fan motor replaced. Now, 2 years later, it's just
not pumping out any more water. Sounds like the compressor is running, but
I haven't taken it apart to check it. I keep it on a shelf with a drain
into the sink and the humidity level in the basement requires it to run
almost full time. I'm thinking that, if it is a fan motor, I'm ready to
replace the whole unit because I want one with greater reliability.
Thoughts? Recommendations on a good model? Does pint capacity matter since
it's on a drain system, rather than the tub?
Thanks.