Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default How do I connect a wood 2x6 to steel beam??

On Aug 19, 3:38 pm, wrote:
I need to frame in around a beam in my basement for drywalling. I want
to connect a wood 2x6 to the steel beam running down my middle of the
basement.

Can I glue it and will the glue hold? Drill a hole in the beam does
not sound safe. I cannot be the only one who needs to do this but a
google search did not return anything.

Any one out there know an easy solution?

Why do you have to attach to the beam at all? Use steel studs, track
and/or channel to box out around the beam. Essentially you're
making two ladders out of steel studs and hanging them from the
ceiling joists on either side of the beam. The drywall bottom will
hang just a little lower than the bottom of the beam so there will be
little impact on headroom.