Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PeterM PeterM is offline

Default How do I clean my 4" chuck? dunk it in soemthing?

I hope one of you nice people here can tell me how I can clean my 4" chuck.
I just got it from a neighbor that was going to toss it. It works swell, but
has some surface rust. Please take in consideration, that I'm old, weak and
run out of air quick. I still like to get it done. One day the grandkids
will have it, and I like to leave it in at least clean condition....What if
I dunk it in acid, of course diluted. I'm sure you will talk me out of it,
it is dangerous, and I think it does something with the hardening or makes
it brittle maybe. I'm not sure what it does. I purchased a nice V block from
EBay once, and it was real nice and shiny. It doesn't look that way now. It
only been in my house, and I live in CA, no moister anywhere. So I think
these guys have some sort of secret formula. I don't need the formula, but
maybe a comment or two. As you can see I'm really in need of help.....Peter