Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Smelly oil-fired stove

Mogga wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:50:56 -0700, KingoftheBungle
wrote:
On 19 Aug, 20:48, cynic wrote:
There are engineers and then there are Engineers.

Agreed.

If your ventilation and flueing are up to scratch you should NOT smell
any products of combustion! There should be NO leaks of fuel to create
a smell.

That's what I thought.

I'd get him (her?) back pronto and demand a proper check which you can
witness and have fume clearance demonstrated during the course of.
If you still don't get any joy contact OFTEC for a properly trained
person to investigate

He is OFTEC registered, but I don't have a lot of confidence in him,
now. Trouble is, we are tenants and the landlord is ultimately in
charge of who is brought in. I think I'll phone the company who sold
the stove - several years ago - and get their advice. I've never lived
with one of these beasts before and I'm not looking forward to this
winter!

Your landlord won't want the hassle of dead tenants so let them know
you're concerned too. He's got obligations to ensure you're safe.

and put it in writing

AIUI (but its not my subject area), any room with a fire must have
some ventiation.

NT