Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default CFLs - switching on and off

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 12:55:17 -0400 someone who may be willshak
wrote this:-

I've had the spiral CFL bulbs installed in all of my formerly
incandescent bulb lamps, wherever the lamp took a regular bulb. The
exceptions are mini spots,

There are now some good energy saving bulbs for these.

and decorative candelabra bulbs.

While there is no equivalent of clear bulbs there are now a number
of "candle" shaped energy saving bulbs that are very similar to
pearl "candle" bulbs.

It is becoming difficult to find an indoor application where there
is not a suitable energy saving bulb.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh