Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Artificial Grass

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:00:37 -0000, Torrey Hills
wrote:

Here in San Diego, water is getting more and more expensive. I am
thinking about installing artificial grass with a few drought
resistant plants. Long term how durable is the artificial grass? Will
it always stay green?

Ken

This past week I have been removing portions of my lawn and replacing
it with decorative rock and drought resistance plants (Las Vegas). The
water authority came out for a survey to remove the grass. They will
pay me $2.00 per square foot of turf removed.

I considered a portion of artificial grass for the dog area. I was
told that the heat; makes this material to hot for pets and they won't
use it. I kept one area of turf.

Builders can no longer install turf due to water restrictions and they
are now installing artificial turf.

I do see this material and it looks nice. You will need a weed blower
to keep it clean from falling leaves and other debris.

A local company has 7 collections and 26 styles of grass. You can read
about it here.

http://www.synlawn.com

Good luck!

--