Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] rruiz33@gmail.com is offline

Default Attic Insulation project

I want to add a bit of r-factor to my home. I would like to know if I
can get some how to pointers and things that I should do.
As an example:
I have begun to repair all of my air ducts with insulation. Binding
them with those elastic plastic clips. I will be installing some
plywood strips to walk down the inside of the crawl space. (I have
enough space to walk upright to most areas.

What would be your steps you recommend to me. What safety concerns?
What material would you use. Is Blown insulation a better option?
Should I use the insulation bought as a panel/roll instead of blown
insulation.

I figure that I have approximately 1500 square feet of space. (net)

I'm told that for each 40 square foot, I will need a bag of blown
insulation. However, I'm cautious about selection of added r factor.
Home Depot/Lowes have similiar cellulose type blown material to sell
at 10.00 a bag.

Thanks