Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Ben Jackson Ben Jackson is offline

Default old trusty DVM just died. Recommendations for a replacement?

On 2007-08-19, DaveC wrote:

I bought an Extech EX330:

http://www.extech.com/instrument/products/alpha/ex330.html

The biggest drawback I've found to the Extech meters is that they are
very slow to auto range (in every mode) compared to a Fluke. Also, while
hunting for the right range they display bogus values in the other ranges.
My Fluke 10 takes about 0.5s to go from Megaohms down to ohms and displays
dashes while it's doing that. My EX470 takes 4+ seconds and displays
some intermediate values. After it reaches ohms it takes another second
or so to settle.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/