Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron(UK) Ron(UK) is offline

Default Fender AB763 Super Reverb, 1966

Ron(UK) wrote:
N Cook wrote:

Its external mains bourne dimmer type noise but not hum in the mostpart.
Whether inside cabinet with mesh closure or outside with improvised
closure
shield. Not internal crackles.
All input null shorts are fine.
I may try the suggestion of an isolating and balancing feed of 110V to
the
amp just as a try out as simple to arrange temporarily.

I generally find that I get more hum and noise using the isolating
transformers on my bench than I do when an amplifier is connected
directly to the mains.

Ron(UK)

Appols for replying to my own post but, make sure that the connections
to the reverb tank are the right way round and that there`s a good
ground to the tanks case.

Ron(UK)