Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Remote control for CyberHome CH-DVD 300S DVD player

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

I posted something like this awhile ago. Some had even replied they might
have one if they were unable to fix the main unit.

I know it's a piece of s*** but does anyone by chance have a working original
remote for this thing they'd part with? I repaired the player's power supply
(bad e-cap) but the front panel functions really aren't complete.

I have one, but I still use it. Here are several hits I found
online. Also, the 'Cyberhome' brand name is up for sale, so it looks
like they are out of business.

One on eBay right now with a $1.25 bid, auction ends Aug-21-07
23:58:51 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/CYBERHOME-DVD-Player-Remote-Control-RMC-300Z-NR_W0QQitemZ290150537266QQcmdZViewItem

Cyberhome CH-DVD 300S DVD Player W/Remote, no bids, starting bid $15.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Cyberhome-CH-DVD-300S-DVD-Player_W0QQitemZ230163192640QQihZ013QQcategoryZ150 77QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINI-DVD-PLAYER_W0QQitemZ270154676223QQihZ017QQcategoryZ150 77QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A replacement for the original that might work for you.
http://www.remotes.com/remotes/servlet/rs?a=gmi&uid=11874904898430&smodel=CHDVD300SILVER& brand_pn=CYBERHOME_CHDVD300SILVER

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cyberhome-CH-DVD-300S-DVD-Remote-Control-New_W0QQitemZ190142277641QQihZ009QQcategoryZ15077Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's a good point.

If no one has a remote kicking around, why not eBay? I get everything
else on eBay.

There is a bunch of those Cyberhome-CH-DVD-300S DVD players being
sold as-is for 99 cents w/$10 shipping, and I didn't see any with a
bid. They appear to be store returns. Maybe you should try your luck
with one or two of those, and have a spare remote as a bonus?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida