Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] chrisj.doran@proemail.co.uk is offline

Default Flat cat5/6 cable

On 19 Aug, 11:04, Andy Burns wrote:
On 19/08/2007 09:50, Alan wrote:

In message .com, Joe
wrote
hi all,

Does anyonw know where I can get flat cat5 or 6 cable. Want to run
them under my carpet. Can see a couple of sites on google but they are
in the states. Would like about 30-50 feet cables but can't seem to
find uk seller?

Assembled cat5 flat cables
www.cpc.co.uk
Search for 'cat5 flat' on the opening page

which are actually thesehttp://www.videkonline.co.uk/home.asp?page=SubSections&sectionID=28&c...

They do say they are "CAT5e UTP" but they look suspiciously like a 8
core version of the 6 parallel core cable used by DECconnect, not much
room or evidence of twists from the photo. Over £1/m pretty expensive too.

I have a load of 8-core "DECconnect"-like RJ45-terminated cables I'd
be happy to find a good home for at about £1/m less. However, it's
definitely not twisted. The venerable 1994 catalogue proudly says
"tested for data rates up to 20MHz", which may not be enough. Also,
it's not particularly thin and if your resident princesses have been
practising on peas, you'll need to cut out the underlay, in which case
you might as well use the round stuff.

Chris