Kevin Beitz

Default Grizzly electric 5 hp motor question..... Problem.... Weard.....

Believe it or not I'm the electrician at the textile plant where I
work....
This is why I posted this question... I don't know how they can
reverse the motor with only two wires... The reversing switch is on
the moving cross-slide and consist of two micro-switches com. no. nc.
both working the com. no.
It sure has me scratching my head... The microswitche wires run to two
motor contactors... The motor is AC. I checked that. If it was DC. I
could see how it was done. I guess I'll just have to sit down and draw
out the wireing on paper and see what they are doing....

Thanks.
Kevin