Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Mike Ruskai Mike Ruskai is offline

Default CFLs - switching on and off

On or about Sun, 19 Aug 2007 04:07:06 -0400 did mm
dribble thusly:

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 10:40:33 -0700, wrote:

I have understood that switching fluorescent lamps - tubes - on and
off was not a good idea and that they should be switched on and left
on. Unlike filament lamps which do not seem to mind.

Why do you say they don't mind? Haven't you noticed that they almost
always burn out at the moment they are turned on?

I was amazed no one had pointed out the error in that statement, and
was about to comment. Sure enough, last message in the thread, and
I'm scooped.
--
- Mike

Ignore the Python in me to send e-mail.