Posted to misc.invest.real-estate,misc.consumers.house,alt.building.construction
krw krw is offline

Default The REAL housing crisis: TOO MANY PEOPLE

In article ,
says...

"krw" wrote in message
t...
In article 9HKxi.441286$p47.374263@bgtnsc04-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net,
says...

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message
(snip)
I always tell people who think there's too many people to, "Be my
guest,
you go first!", but the hypocrites NEVER oblige.

And how many kids will you have during your lifetime?

And what the hell does that have to do with anything?

If you have to ask, explanations will likely be pointless. Look up
'carrying
capacity'.

(Standard disclaimer- I am not one of those wacko 'childfree' zealots. I
like kids, and replacements have to come from somewhere. But now that
most
of us do NOT live on farms and need to breed our own help, and now that 1
kid in 3 or so DOESN'T die by age five, well, maybe 'replacements' should
be
the term people keep in mind. 2.3 kids per breeding couple or so will
assure
population doesn't go down. Maybe a little higher to take into account
the
people like me that never succeeded in reproducing.

IIRC, a birth rate of 2.2/female is the replacement rate, which
includes "people like you" and deaths before childbearing age.

I am one kid out of 8,
with 7 surviving. Families that large make no economic or ecological
sense
any more. My sisters that did have kids had 2 each, so the genetic line
will
go on.)

I'm one in four. Our average is 2 (my wife an I have one and one
brother with three).

And both of you miss the crucial points.

What, that you're an idiot, pretending to be human?

Typical.

'Tis true, at least on the Usenet.

--
Keith