Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default CFLs - switching on and off

"Graham." wrote in message

A five year life would be 5*365*24=45,800 hours
I_don't_think_so.

Why do GLS lamp manufacturers give an honest average
lifetime in hours (say 2,000) but with longer lived CFL lamps,
you have to find the small print that qualifies the headline figure.

You have to read the fine print. Under that bit Five Years is the small
print that bases the life on X number of hours per day.

Feit states 8,000 hours. From my experience with a few of them, I'd say
they are close and have even exceeded that. I use them in some places in our
warehouses for night lights and security lights that burn 24/7. Not a bad
deal for a bulb that sells for 74¢.