Posted to alt.home.repair
TrailRun TrailRun is offline

Default Stove Top Burner Replacement?

I had a burner go on a Magic Chef smooth top cooking surface electric
range. It was the large right front burner that just stopped working.
When I lifted the cook top I noticed the wire connection tab had come
un-welded from the limiter so I figured it was just the burner. I
ordered a replacement (although it was a Maytag brand said to be for
the Magic Chef range model I have). My problem is now that I installed
it if works on Hi only, that is the burner comes on but stays on high
no matter what you set the control at. Has anyone out there had a
similar condition. Would I now replace the control knob? Or could this
be a faulty burner. Oh well, any help or input is appreciated.