Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default can anyone identify this remote control switch?

In article . com,
wrote:

I'm really quite surprised to see microswitches in a keyless entry remote.
The most common approach seems to be the same that is used with most remote
controls...a rubber dome that when pressed puts a conductive "dot" against a
pad on the circuit board and completes the circuit.

This one has a rubber dome that presses the button on the microswitch.
The advantage I guess is that one feels a distnict "click" when one
presses it. The disandvantage is obvious, too. The thing failed after
~4 years of use. Failed when I gave my car to a friend: he probably
was pressing the button too hard.

not unlikely that the switch failed, but are you sure the solder isn't
cracked?