Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh William R. Walsh is offline

Default Remote control for CyberHome CH-DVD 300S DVD player

Hi!

I posted something like this awhile ago.

Well...not having looked at the original post due primarily to
laziness...what about a cheap universal remote?

DVD players (that so far haven't been broken!) have been hitting the curb
around here in large numbers. I've picked most of them up and used a cheap
Philips remote that I found at Lowe's for $10 to work them. I don't get all
the functions, but I can use menus and all of the basic playback transport
controls.

I know it's a piece of s***

Lots of people talk of laser failures, but it seems that the main processor
chips can fail as well. I've got a couple of Apex Digital AD-1201's that I
upgraded by placing heatsink assemblies on the processor chip. They are used
very heavily and neither one has failed.

William