Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
RonB RonB is offline

Default Garden bench - RIP

"Mark Johnson" wrote in message
. ..
I was just going through some old emails, and saw a few comments on this
bench I posted a few years ago, so I thought i'd follow up. I built this
as an experiment in June of '04 out of the Borg's finest tubafour stock
using pinned and wedged M&T joints with no glue or finish. After 3 years
of full exposure, it split apart this summer. The pinned joints held up
just fine, and the wedged tenons in the vertical faces are still good. The
wedged tenons in the horizontal seat rotted out, and the end mortices
obviously failed. A better outdoor wood and a few minor design changes
should last a bit longer.

-MJ

Uuuuhhh......Mark.

How to say this.

Trying to be polite.

Have you been pushing away from the table when you should?

RonB