Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Wall cavity full of sheetrock pieces

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 20:27:45 GMT, "aemeijers"
wrote:

"readandpostrosie" wrote in message
.. .
if that is all you found in the cavities between the wall, you are lucky!
i am use to finding all sorts of crap....................ie: beer cans
nailed to the 2x4 etc.

Now THAT is an old construction-site tradition, related to the name and year
written on the back side of a rafter or something. A hammer-swinger's Kilroy
Was Here. I've found name and year notes from as long ago as 1915. (I always
favored name and year scratched into the freshly poured footers, in a spot
like the crawlspace where they might be found.)

aem sends....

I like it when tools are a found I just signed the back piece of
wood flooring going on glue (never seen again), but heck it was fun.

I know in the '70s sheet rock was often thrown into the cavity. If
you have a house that old around Disney in Orlando - chances are you
will find some in the walls. I'm guilty of doing it.

--
Oren