Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Steve is offline

Default How to patch concrete knock-down texture?

Greetings,

I have to patch some knockdown concrete texture on a patio. The client
removed a metal fence, and there are now smooth square spots where the
bases were screwed to the patio. Each spot is about 4" x 4". The
texture was originally sprayed on then knocked down with a float.

I'm planning to make a fairly thick mixture of concrete patch, put it
on the bare spots in blobs, and knock it down with a trowel. Luckily
it's just concrete gray. I know I can't match the color or texture
perfectly, at least now without spending more time than the client
wants to pay for.

I did a Google search, but found no how-to sites for patching, only for
from-scratch jobs. Am I doing this right? Any sneaky tricks? All
suggestions are welcome.

--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement