Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Wall cavity full of sheetrock pieces

The one good thing Toll Brothers does is use a metal pipe there for noise
purposes.

"Al Bundy" wrote in message
"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in
:

I took down a couple of pieces of beat-up sheetrock and found that
many of the cavities were almost completely full of pieces of
sheetrock.

Any good reason why a builder (or remodeler, perhaps) would have done
this? The only thing I can think of is that it saved them the trouble
of carting the offcuts away and perhaps paying to dump them.

I suppose they haven't been doing any harm, but they are a pest if I
want to install an old-work outlet box in a section of wall where I do
not remove the sheetrock.

Perce

In one wall in a house I had built 20 yrs ago the builders gave me a
funny look when I came in with a bunch of empty egg cartons and filled
one of the stud cavities.

The soil pipe from upstairs came down a wall between the kitchen and
dining room. Never did hear anything going through it.