Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Wall cavity full of sheetrock pieces

You are lucky. I know of someone who bought a new house that developed an
awful smell. They identified a wall area and broke open the sheetrock and
discovered to large bags of garbage that were sheetrocked over. It was an
item in their lawsuit. By the way the victim was a nazi camp survivor. The
builder settled.

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
I took down a couple of pieces of beat-up sheetrock and found that many of
the cavities were almost completely full of pieces of sheetrock.

Any good reason why a builder (or remodeler, perhaps) would have done
this? The only thing I can think of is that it saved them the trouble of
carting the offcuts away and perhaps paying to dump them.

I suppose they haven't been doing any harm, but they are a pest if I want
to install an old-work outlet box in a section of wall where I do not
remove the sheetrock.

Perce