Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default HIKING STICK

Sat, Aug 18, 2007, 2:57pm (EDT-3) (Eigenvector)
doth sayeth:
I think you "guys" need to get out a little more, like out of the
country and experience other cultures. A purse isn't a leather bag made
by a guy named Gucci. It doesn't always hold tampons, a wallet,
lipstick, and a few dozen other things.

An, the world traveler doth advise us country folk.. Well, matter
of fact, I have been out of the country, even the U.S., and exposed, to
other cultures ,a number of times; and in a few of those cultures some
of the people would have been quite happy to do me grevious harm.
Retired from the Army in '84, almost half of that oversea; in Germany
(twice), Nam, Thailand, Turkey, along with visiting a fair number of
other places. I got kissed on the cheeks by a guy in Turkey, part of
their culture that is, ibut don't expect me to do it. I've seen
cultures where men hold hands, in public;, I'm not gonna hold hands with
you either. The only "purse" I've ever carried, or will carry, has been
for my wife or girlfriend. I guess you'll just have to continue being
culturally disappointed in us guys. You carry your purse, I'll carry my
bag.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso