Posted to rec.woodworking
Rita and Neil Ward Rita and Neil Ward is offline

Default Making A Walking Cane

Charlie,

I received your new book "Make your Own Walking Sticks" as a gift from
my wife. I found it very useful; I would never thought to laminate the
wood for a cane instead of steam bending. Great book: Bravo Zulu

Neil

Charlie Self wrote:
Hah. Yeah. Just like me. That's all I really need a cane for these
days.

In fact, I just had a book come out on that very subject, but...when
it came time to get one for myself (the publisher still has the
samples I sent), I looked on eBay and found a guy selling white ash
canes, three for $15.95 plus some reasonable shipping. I was pleased
with what I got, coated one with golden oak stain and some poly, and
stashed the other two for when I pull a JOAT and lose the first one.
Which I will.