Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz Dave Hinz is offline

Default co2 - safe handling?

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 11:07:43 -0700, wrote:
On Aug 17, 4:38 pm, "Pete C." wrote:

SCUBA tanks are a lot higher pressure than CO2. The only real issue with
CO2 is the potential for frostbite if you manage to release it in liquid
form on yourself. Just download the MSDS from the Airgas site.

I recall the air tanks were around 3000 PSI and gather that co2 is
somewhere
around the 600 mark.

Our SCBA tanks are pressurized up to 2215PSI. I have no idea where that
number comes from. There are also 6000PSI tanks I seem to recall
but...in a fire, one 2215PSI tank is all I can go through without being
tired, not sure how much longer the 6000PSI would last but, longer than
me.

And paintball tanks are loaded by weight, not pressure. So there's
no point in putting a gage on a tank?

Probably not. Propane tanks are similar, pressure is nearly irrelevant,
level of liquid is the key. If, as you say, CO2 is in a liquid form in
the tank.