Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] doc@sympatico.ca is offline

Default co2 - safe handling?

On Aug 17, 5:03 pm, "Karl Townsend"

Did you get one for paintball filling or for welding?

I don't plan to do any paintball. It's more for combat robotics. But I
would assume
that. from a procedure point of view, this would be like paintball.

The tank I have is for paintball and has a siphon.

the paintball unit has
a tube inside the tank so liquid comes out when its upright, can't be used
to weld. A weld tank has to be upside down to dispense liquid.

Does securing the tank upside down make any sense?

a small tube and valve kit is sold to hook the paintball tank up to the big
tank. Comes with directions. basically you vent a little gas out of the
paintball can and the pressure difference forces liquid across. Biggest
issue with filling is freezing a line up - go slow.

I've got a small tube like that. Made by Pure Energy. Didn't get any
instructions.
But it wasn't too hard to figure out.

I was able to use it to "fill" a 9 oz tank but don't have a scale to
check the
wieght.

DON'T OVERFILL. You need 20% headspace. Use a scale. "The kid" filled
paintball tanks for all his friends when he was home. He overfilled one and,
not knowing of a problem, put it in the car and started driving. It popped
the relief valve with a bang while they were driving. They almost had an
accident trying to jump out of the car cause they thought a bomb had went
off.

When you say don't overfill I assume you mean that there shouldn't be
too much
liquid in a tank?

Thanks,
DOC