Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default shed base

On 2007-08-18 18:27:55 +0100, coco said:

I wouldn't use a dry mix on top of an existing hard surface. Assuming
that it's sound, then conventional mortar would be more appropriate.-

I will start using conventional mortar now.

I am assuming that the patio is sound, It is monoblock and underneath
it has been leveled with sand. It has been in place for 10+ years.
What sould I be looking out for to make sure it is and what would be
the alternative?

Look at the stones carefully and see if any appear to have moved.
Jump up and down on it. You would see if it isn't sound.