Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Here come the HIPs

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 14:05:46 +0100 someone who may be Andy Hall
wrote this:-

The energy survey will be a farce, and no one will take any notice of
the results.

That's true.

Indeed. I have looked at the methodology for Scotland and the rest
of the UK. It is mince and will not produce meaningful results. The
reason for this is that it has been dumbed down so that the sort of
people who work in property can do them, people "trained" after a
short course.

The full method, which will not be used as it is too complicated for
the poor little dears to do, would produce a rough stab at energy
ratings. I might believe what this method produces, I will pay no
attention to the Mickey Mouse version or the Mickey Mouse
"surveyors" that churn them out.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh