Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] unclemon@gmail.com is offline

Default My Broken window

On Aug 18, 5:04 am, wrote:
I want to know if a window can explode out due to normal Perth,
Western Australian weather, even if it was 35 to 37 degrees celsius?
The room is 5m by 3m. It has two windows and a sliding door and it was
the sliding door that supposedly blew out. I f any body knows the
answer, please reply.

A tiny nick or scratch on tempered glass can
cause it to shatter when there is an extreme
temperature change. By extreme I mean when
the afternoon sun heats it up. A diamond ring
could easily scratch the glass near the door
handle. When I did a lot of commercial glass
work, I always recommended laminated safety
glass for the doors and windows around doors
in grocery stores because it made it harder for
wealthy white people to break into the place.

[8~{} Uncle Monster