Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Here come the HIPs

John Rumm wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:
Steve Firth wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:

Without the energy survey it seems like a sensible idea, rather like a
log book for the house. All the tedious stuff gets done in advance,
which has to be beneficial for both parties.

Except it's not. I for one will not trust a survey that I have not
commissioned and at present it's unclear who is responsible should the
HIP turn out to be inaccurate.

The building survey element was, sensibly, abandoned ages ago. Without
the green survey it would just be fixed price conveyancing in advance,
which seems eminently sensible.

In theory. In practice the searches etc will be out of date, and would
hence need redoing.

Hmm.