Posted to uk.d-i-y
coco[_2_] coco[_2_] is offline

Default shed base

Hi All

I am building foundations out of bricks for a 10'x10' garden shed
over
an existing patio. I want the shed to sit one bricks height above
the
patio to allow for ventilation. Th patio is not quite level with
about a 2" varience over the 10' of the shed's width. I have started
laying the bricks on their sides, 2 bricks width in 6 lines, and
moving to laying them flat as they go up the slope, leveling with a
dry sand/cement mix.

Does anyone have any advice on doing this. How level is level? Will
the dry mix I am using be secure enough on top of the existing patio?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

All the best
Colin