Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Here come the HIPs

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2007-08-18, tim..... wrote:

It's been done because someone genuinely believes that they
will be helpful.

And that someone is a politician. Someone who genuinely believes, with no
evidence whatsoever, that they can can run your life better than you can.
And
they're wrong. They're always wrong. More often than not, what they do
will have
thye opposite effect to what they intended, and there will always be
unseen side
effects. I firmly belive that HIPS will have the opposite effect to that
desired; it will make it more difficult and expensive to buy and sell
houses.
All we needed was to make the offer & acceptance legally binding. Nothing
else.

Before which we will have to have surveys done and mortgage offers
guarenteed.

How does this move the goal posts? ISTM that all it does is change
their name.

tim