Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Williams Tony Williams is offline

Default Here come the HIPs

In article ,
tim..... wrote:

I can see that there is a (small) amount of extra tax collected.

But my point is that, I believe that the introduction of these
packs has not been done to create revenue.

It's been done because someone genuinely believes that they will
be helpful. You will recall (or perhaps not) that (for reasons
which I never understood) Estate Agents where in favour of such a
the scheme when the Government were initially consulting on "how
to avoid gazumping", perhaps because they thought the
alternatives were worse. They only became negative to the scheme
after the initial trials.

I thought the energy assessment element was as a result
of an EEC Directive, which the gov't is obeying, and they
have hidden it (paying for it) by wrapping it inside the HIP.

--
Tony Williams.