Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Floor not level

F wrote:
On 17/08/2007 22:44 The Medway Handyman wrote:

Slope sounds too big to ignore, especially if management has spotted it.

Always seems worse once she has!

Self levelling screed dries pretty quickly, something like 24hrs - would
that help?

I had used some to remove a hollow and it took a couple of days to dry -
I ended up pointing the exhaust from the Earlex vacuum on it for an hour!

Unfortunately, when I levelled the 'hollow' I hadn't seen the forest,
just a single tree. I wanted to get the job done and didn't have time to
stand back and admire my handywork until I was finished. Not!

I've got a couple of sheets of plasterboard in the garage. Would that be
too soft to use as packing/filler with some self levelling to get a
smooth surface?

You can get floor filler that is ready to be trafficked in an hour or
2, its used in commercial situations. Alternatively you might be able
to use some wood strips trimmed and glued to reduce the problem.

NT