Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hang Cabinet with Cardboard backing, suggestions?

"Albert" wrote in message
oups.com...
What would be the best way to hang a cabinet like this (see link).
The backing is cardboard so I only have 1/2" wood on the outer edges.
Would like to hang it without any visible brackets.

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...&cmArea=SEARCH

I have seen some cabinets use two 30" by 2" by 1/4" pieces of wood
with a groove in each of them. Mount one on the cabinet and one on the
wall, and then let it just lock in place. Is there a name for these,
I could not find anything like that at the hardware store, and don't
have the woodshop equipment to create such a groove.

I'd mount a shelf first, set the cabinet on it, then put some angle brackets
on the inside to hold it from falling forward. That "melamine wood shell"
may be covered particle board with no real strength to hold it own weight
with something screwed into it.