Posted to alt.home.repair
SRN SRN is offline

Default Ground wire question

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
news:armwi.8$If.6@trndny03...
My old home (50's) has, for the main part, no ground wires running to the
outlets. The wiring is romex, but, only a hot and a neutral except where
I have added additional outlets.
The previous owner has placed three hole (grounded) outlets on many of the
two wire circuits. I know that is not to code and should be converted
back to groundless plugs.

Question: Can I simply run separate ground wires to these outlets.
Almost all of the wiring reaches these outlets via the attic crawl space.
Do I need to make 'home runs' to each outlet or can I install splice boxes
in the attic and do radial runs from therein?

All advice or criticisms appreciated.

Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary

See NEC 2005 250.130C & 250.130C