Posted to rec.woodworking
Chip Buchholtz Chip Buchholtz is offline

Default Router w/ negative template

Morris Dovey wrote:
: Chip Buchholtz wrote:

: | I'm really looking for a general procedure for cutting an opening
: | the same size and shape as an object, using a router. Seems like
: | there should be a better way to do this, but I can't think of it.

: We had a thread on this not so long ago. Try the link in my sig.

Thanks - I knew that that was one way of doing it, I just couldn't
get myself to believe that there wasn't an easier way. I guess you
are saying that using an intermediate template and different size
bushings is the only way to go.

Thanks,

--- Chip