Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.disability
[email protected] tlenomade@googlemail.com is offline

Default Uplift Commode Assist for weak old persons

Hi,

Basically my dad is becoming so weak and he can't move easily without
assistance. For instance, he needs assistance to go to the bathroom
for shower or to do his toilet.. I am thinking on buying for him what
it seems to be called "uplift commode assist", see ,
http://www.upliftproducts.com/commode-assist/index.html

Is there something similar here in the UK? If yes, where can i buy it.
I have also to buy some toilet rails, to place it in the bathroom, do
you have any suggestion/recommendation?

The problem is that i am not living with him. my old mum and a
brother are with him but my dad's load seems somewhat heavy for them.

Besides, i would like any link or advice to help me making his life
easier. he is mainly having problems to stand up from his bed, chair,
table and get stable afterwards on his own.

Many thanks to you