Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,alt.comp.hardware,rec.video.desktop,sci.electronics.repair
Gene E. Bloch Gene E. Bloch is offline

Default Observations on a UPS - follow up to a previous post

On 8/17/2007, Gene E. Bloch posted this:
On 8/17/2007, Smitty Two posted this:
In article ,
kony wrote:

Capitalization is also used in text for emphasis, not just
shouting.

More commonly, on usenet, leading and trailing asterisks indicate what
would be italicized for emphasis.

Although my newsreader displays *word* in bold and /word/ in italics (if I
let it).

Hmmm - I've never tried both, like this:
/*word*/ (looks like a comment to me!)
*/word/*

I'll look at them when the message up shows in the NG...

Both are in bold + italic here.

Well, to be 100% accurate, the first is in italic + bold :-)

BTW, the reason I had to wait until I could read it in the NG is that
this reader (MesNews) displays bold, italic, and smileys as straight
text in the composition window.

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino)
letters617blochg3251