Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HP8116A *almost* working perfectly

JW wrote:

Hello all,

I have this HP 8116A 50MHz Programmable pulse/function generator that's
almost working perfectly. However, whenever the amplitude is set below
EXACTLY 10.00 volts, the output puts out nothing. 9.99 volts and lower
does not work at all. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Do you have the manual?

http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/redirector.jspx?action=ref&cname=AGILENT_EDITORIAL &ckey=615544&lc=eng&cc=US&nfr=-536900193.536900597

Some of the programmable generators use relays to switch pads in and
out, to set the output level. They fail, from heavy usage. I had most
of them go bad in an old HP 3325B over a couple year period of daily
use.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell