Posted to rec.woodworking
Maxwell Lol Maxwell Lol is offline

Default Beginner - making accurate 90 degree cuts by hand

beatbox writes:

http://www.woodhaven.com/SearchResul...CategoryID=252

I have a handheld router, but I thought I would need to invest in a
router table to do this. I'll look into the options.

The way this box jig works, you need some spaced blocks, and clamp and
route both ends at the same time. There is a offset you need for one
of the boards, to make sure the joint lines up.

I think I used a backing board out of pieces of plywood, some spacer
blocks, and four clamps.

I seem to recall that when I bought this, there was a complete set
including router bit, guide bushing, etc. for something like $50.

But I don't see this option any more om the web page.
The picture shows the setup
http://www.woodhaven.com/Images/Cate...tTemplates.jpg
But it's a thumbnail. :-(

Perhaps you can call them for more info.

But I think this is one of the cheapest machined box jig you can get.
(You CAN make your own.....)