Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default Scaffold/access towers - follow-up

"Cicero" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 21:24:36 +0100, A.Lee wrote:

I ordered a tower last Friday, from he
http://www.ladders-999.co.uk/towers_domestic.htm

£260 for 12'6" platform, 2 outrigger stabilisers, and adjustable feet
for all 4 legs.
A real bargain.

If you are in the market for one, I dont think you can get better for
occasional use.
Alan.

==================================
I notice that they provide a method of creating a cantilevered
configuration. In my view this looks rather unsafe and likely to damage
the roof on which it rests.

This is how my tower with cantilevered section looked recently when
working over part of a neighbour's house.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...s/DSCI0009.jpg

I have used the same configuration at a reach of nearly 10' but in that
case I used the 45 degree supports on 18mm boards on the roof itself to
spread the weight a little. No damage ensued.

I'm currently thinking about getting an aluminium one, for easier handling.
Perhaps a used "pro" model rather than a new DIY one. Any views?