Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Ferrell John Ferrell is offline

Default Suburu Justy help needed

Initially, the car starts with no problems. But after running about 12
minutes, it quits. If I park it before it quits, the 'latent' engine heat
is enough to keep it from starting for about 15 minutes. If I try to start
it after it has been parked, after a run, it takes about 15-20 minutes. It
also seems the more I try to start it, unsuccessfully, it prolongs the
'wait' time before it starts. Usually when I get towed home, it starts
about one block from my house.

I had pretty much the same problem on my 1985 Cadillac Cimarron with a
V6 multi-port fuel injection and four speed manual transmission.There
was never a check engine light.

It turned out to be a clogged catalytic converter. It would not start
hot without a 45 minute wait but once it was running well enough for
the computer to get into closed loop it could deal with the problem.

John Ferrell W8CCW
"Life is easier if you learn to
plow around the stumps"